BOLAM Weekly Update: Rescued 10 year-old boy!!!
* Intake: We rescued a 10 year-old boy named Namara. He had been at the Kabale police station for about a month. Police officers went around town to see if anyone knew him. From talking to him, he was evidently kidnapped in Kampala and then abandoned near Kabale. He said his mother died and that he was cared for by his father. We don’t know if his family can be traced.
* Children: The children are enjoying the new playhouse and being on break. Tomorrow night we plan to have Antony, Evelyn, and Namara spend the night with us. Thank you for praying for all of our children: Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Opio, Odongo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, Evelyn, Friday, and Namara.
* Monthly Outing: We are having our monthly outing for the children Sunday after lunch. We plan to go to a local hotel that has play equipment. We will have sodas and enjoy hanging out. Please pray for a nice afternoon as we are still in the rainy season.
* Volunteer: A volunteer from Minnesota will be with us for this month. She is spending lots of time with the children, e.g., taking them for walks.
* Spiritual/Discipleship: We plan to begin having Bible studies with staff twice a week. We are considering reading through the Old and New Testaments chronologically. In addition, we will begin praying as a staff every morning before class and work time.
* Publications: I worked on our next periodic update. It will hopefully go out in the next week or so.
Cox Family/Ugandan Life Update:
* Gorilla Trekking: Thank you for praying for our African adventure. We had a great time together as a family seeing mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. We were blessed with a nice day and were able to see them up close. We enjoyed hiking to the gorillas though the trek back was a bit challenging going uphill. Primrose did fine with her healing Achilles tendon.
* Adoption: Primrose and I are discussing adopting another child. To this news, Samuel replied that we are “disturbers of the peace.” So much for an accepting only child!
* Dental: I am to get my denture tomorrow. We’ll see if it fits.