BOLAM Weekly Update: Sprucing up Keirungi
* Children: The children had another good week. Thank you for praying for all of our children: Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Opio, Odongo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, and Evelyn.
* Weekly Cleaning: Keirungi is being spruced up on Friday afternoons. After lunch, staff concentrates on cleaning. The compound and the homes are looking nice.
* Volunteer: Jasmine, who came a year ago to volunteer, is coming again this time with her parents and husband. Her dad and husband will be here for two weeks and her mom will be with her for the month she’s here. We expect them on Monday.
* Report: I completed the quarterly report for the Ministry of Gender, Labour, and Social Development highlighting the assistance we provide to orphans and other vulnerable children (OVCs).
Cox Family/Ugandan Life Update:
* Dental Work: I survived going to the dentist this week. Dental services in Kabale, Uganda – tooth extraction and medication ($6); filling ($8); living to tell about it … priceless. The procedures were painless and I am healing well from having a tooth extracted. Please pray that I will not get an infection.
* Fellowship: We enjoyed having a missionary family from England over for dinner. We discussed the joys and challenges of living in Uganda. Some of the joys are the people, the climate, and the beauty, and some of the challenges are dealing with bureaucracy and illness such as malaria and typhoid. After learning about what typhoid is like, I will never complain about having malaria again.