BOLAM Weekly Update - Keirungi Children Doing Well (Thank You for Praying)
* Children: Our children had a good week as those who were sick are recovering and no other child became sick. Thank you for praying for all of our children at Keirungi (Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, Evelyn, Friday, Namara, Innocent Tumuhimbise and Innocent Tumwesigye) and for those children we have resettled with their families (Ninsiima and Odongo and Opio).
* Staff: Our house mother Medius is leaving this week as someone is sponsoring her to attend tailoring school. A lady named Rachel is replacing her. Rachel has a two-year-old girl named Hanisha and an 11-month-old boy named Amli. Please pray for Rachel that she will transition well and will be a good addition at Keirungi and for Medius as she goes to vocational training school. Dennick, our young assistant house mother, started classes at a nursery teacher training college Monday 3/24. She is doing well.
* Spiritual: Caleb preached on Sunday 3/23 about how true joy comes from God and how that the more we love Him, know Him, and walk with Him, the more we will become like Him and the greater our joy will be. He told staff that it is good for a Christian to always be happy and full of joy since Jesus is the source of true joy. He referenced Philippians 4:4 and 1 Thess. 5:16.
* Agriculture: Staff continued planting beans, which should be completed next week, after which staff will begin planting vegetables and sweet potatoes.
* Networking Meeting: Celeb attended an Orphan and Other Vulnerable Children (OVC) district meeting where OVC service providers shared what they do in a bid to strengthen coordination and networking.
* Adoption: There is a couple working with the adoption agency that is interested in adopting Friday. We are working on the paperwork.
General Ugandan and Cox Family Update:
* Shoulder. My arm and shoulder continues healing nicely. I can use my hand and arm more for little tasks, such as typing, as long as I can keep it by my side. I have my next follow-up appointment with the doctor Monday, April 7. Thank you for your prayers.