BOLAM Weekly Update: Rescued child!
* Intake: We received an abandoned boy who is around 15 months old from the Probation Office. The boy was abandoned at a hotel near the border with Rwanda. Since he came on Friday, the house moms decided to call him Friday (naming children after a day of the week is common in Uganda; e.g., Monday).
* Children: The children had another good week enjoying time with our volunteers. Some had a little cough and cold but were better by the end of the week. Thank you for praying for all of our children: Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Opio, Odongo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, Evelyn, and Friday.
* Volunteers: Jasmine and her mom Cathy did various activities with the children. They also did some training with our staff.
* Van: Excitement filled the air for both children and staff as we drove up to Keirungi in our new van funded with a grant from a local foundation in Colorado. Staff jumped up and down and the children explored the new vehicle.
* Chapel: I enjoyed preaching about Jesus’Triumphal Entry – how He entered Jerusalem humbly, with high praise, and with wonder.
* Board Meeting: We had a good meeting with our USA Board. We discussed plans for this year, such as expanding our agricultural department to rear chickens to provide food for the home and also to be an income generating project.
Cox Family/Ugandan Life Update:
* Rainy season: We are in the midst of a rainy season. It gets quite cool and damp so that sometimes I have a two sweater day.