BOLAM Weekly Update: Children had another good week; Traveling to Kampala
* Children: The children had another good week. Thank you for praying for Blessing as she is doing better and healing. Alex always needs prayer as he is one of our most stubborn and cheeky children, but, on the other hand, he can also be quite delightful and fun. Thank you for praying for all of our children: Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Opio, Odongo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, Evelyn, Friday, and Namara.
* Spiritual: Caleb led our family service Sunday, we’ve been enjoying Morning Prayer times, and we had an interactive Bible study Friday about temptation (Jesus’ temptation in the wilderness). We learned that it is the devil that tempts and God Who tests (or allows us to go through times of testing—boy, do I know that!).
* Construction: We met with an architect and discussed having drawings and bills of quantity done for three buildings—our next duplex, a multi-purpose building, and a nursery building—to plan for future development.
* Internet: Prayer is needed for the Internet as it has not been functioning as well this week and I have not been able to complete some online business.
* Fellowship: We enjoyed having Sarah, the American missionary we recently met, visit Keirungi all day and then treating her to Italian night.
* Focus on Africa: We were delighted to have a presidential visit to Africa, but disappointed that no commitments were made to Keirungi. Perhaps, next time.
* Fundraising Blessing: A church in Iowa has raised about $22,000 for us to go toward our next duplex. Their goal is to raise 30,000 by September. Join us in praising God for His continued provision.
Cox Family/Ugandan Life Update:
* Travel: We are traveling to Kampala Saturday 7/6 to see Samuel for his visitation day on Sunday. Please pray for a safe journey as we will be traveling in the “new” Hilux pickup truck with bad tires. We did get it serviced so we can make it to Kampala. We will get new tires and have other work done on the Hilux while in Kampala.
* Samuel: Please pray that we will have a blessed time with Samuel on Sunday. We continue to seek God regarding his schooling and we are leaning toward an online homeschool program if we can work out Internet connection issues. Please continue to pray for God’s guidance and blessing in working out all of the details.
* Devotional Challenge: This week Primrose and I were challenged in our daily Bible readings to be an Hezekiah (“He did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight”), a Josiah (“Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses”), and a Paul (“I am ready not only to be jailed at Jerusalem but also to die for the sake of the Lord Jesus” – are we?).