BOLAM Weekly Update - Malnourished and abused child rescued
* RECOVERY: We took in a two year-old severely malnourished and abused boy named Jeremiah. He is in grave shape, but with the love and care lavished upon children at Keirungi Children’s Village, we expect Jeremiah to make a full recovery from his physical ailments. Please pray for his emotional state that he will be healed emotionally as well. Jeremiah is a case we sadly see too often: a child who was abandoned is then abused by his/her caregiver.
* HEALING: Jordan, a boy we recently rescued, sang a song in chapel last Sunday. It was the first time for him to sing. We praise God that he is healing physically and emotionally and that he is adapting well to life at Keirungi.
* EXCITEMENT/BREAK: Primrose surprised the children with a bike before she left for the U.S. Children are enjoying their break helping with chores (such as picking litter), learning songs, playing games and enjoying bicycling lessons!
* AGRICULTURE: We reaped a good harvest of Irish Potatoes this week and planted more vegetables.
* JOSEPH AND MURUNGI: Joseph and Murungi are adjusting to life in Colorado—snow, cold, and all!
* BACK IN THE USA: Primrose arrived at her scheduled time Friday. She experienced weather grace as it was in the 60s. Of course, within a couple of days, we had a bit of cold and a little snow.