Keirungi Children’s Village:
* Children: The children had another good week and are enjoying their break. They are enjoying extra activities and games. Thank you for praying for all of our children: Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Ninsiima, Antony, Deo, Opio, Odongo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, and Evelyn.
* Administrative: I finalized the 2013 budget for Ugandan expenses. In addition, we had a follow-up meeting with the accountant who is helping us develop a financial policy manual. We also met with the lawyer who is helping us revise our constitution.
Cox Family/Ugandan Life Update:
* Traveling: Please pray for Primrose as she is taking a quick trip to Kampala Sunday-Monday to get a visa to go to Nigeria at the end of this month to attend a Christian leadership conference.
* Give Away Ceremony: We attended a Give Away Ceremony for a family friend. In Uganda, there are two celebrations surrounding marriage: the Give Away Ceremony where the bride’s family formally gives her away to the husband’s family and then the wedding and reception. The bride’s family caters for the Give Away Ceremony and the groom’s family caters for the reception.
* Connecticut Shooting: Please be in prayer for all of those affected by the tragic shooting in Connecticut.