BOLAM Weekly Update: Children are Doing Well
* Children: The children had a good week and I enjoyed playing with them before traveling in a couple of weeks (see below). Please continue to pray for Blessing as she is still not feeling her best. Thank you for praying for all of our children: Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Opio, Odongo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, Evelyn, Friday, and Namara.
* Spiritual: Sunday I preached on Paul’s prayer for the Ephesian believers to know God and His calling (salvation), inheritance, and power. We were encouraged to know who we are and what we have in Christ.
* Construction: We started construction on a small house for a village administrator who will oversee the affairs of Keirungi Children’s Village, especially when both Primrose and I are away from the ministry. Construction began with leveling ground and beginning to dig the foundation—all by hand.
* Supporters: A Splankna practitioner who supports BOLAM informed us that Splankna Therapy Institute will begin to give regularly to BOLAM. This is a great blessing and we continue to see God provide in various ways.
Cox Family/Ugandan Life Update:
* Samuel: Samuel was down for a week at school with flu and cough. The school medical officer called us and suggested that Samuel come home to recover. Samuel came home a week ago and is doing better. Some of his symptoms were likely psychosomatic. He was just not adjusting well to the school. With the term ending in a couple of weeks, we have decided to keep Samuel home. We are still pursuing schooling options for him. He will either go to high school in Colorado or be homeschooled beginning the fall semester. He will travel with me to the U.S. (see below).
* Travel Plans: My mom has continued not to do well and is in need of family help so I have decided to travel sooner than later. I was able to find a missionary ticket flying British Airways for $1,940 (this is a good price for this time of year considering the next cheapest was $2,475). I will travel to the U.S. with Samuel. We depart Friday 8/23 and will arrive at DIA Saturday 8/24 in the evening. I am planning to stay until early December to support my mom and promote and raise more support for BOLAM. Primrose is planning to come toward the end of October and stay for a month.
* Mom: Please continue to pray for my mom—for her health and strength and for God’s touch upon her life and body.
* Mike: Please continue praying for my brother Mike that he will repent and turn back to God and be delivered from his addiction. He returned to Colorado from his little stint in California.
* Internet: The Internet is still a bit hit and miss. Please pray that we would have a good connection.