BOLAM Weekly Update: Children Under the Weather
* Children: We took Blessing, Joseph, Shalom, and Alex to the doctor as they were under the weather. Joseph and Shalom are still not feeling well. Please pray for them. Otherwise, the children had a good week. I had a slip of the tongue and quietly told Blessing that I was going to miss her. I explained that I had to go help my mom as she was ill. She cried. Leaving and separation will not be easy … for any of us. Thank you for praying for all of our children: Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Opio, Odongo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, Evelyn, Friday, and Namara.
* Spiritual/Outing: We continued our study on King Asa Friday from 2 Chronicles 15. We were encouraged (warned) to continue walking with God and receiving exhortation after experiencing victory and deliverance. For our monthly outing, we took the children to a church in town. We were introduced and the children sang a song for the church. Afterwards, we went to a local hotel that has play equipment and had juice and biscuits before returning to Keirungi for lunch. Morning Prayer times continue to be encouraging and start off the day with the right focus (Matt. 6:33).
* Construction: Construction on the village administrator house is going well. The foundation was completed and walls are going up.
* Training: I continued training Primrose on the daily accounting and expense recording process.
* BOLAM Uganda Board: I prepared for our meeting on Monday preparing the agenda and reports.
* Government: I worked on a report for government officials highlighting the number of vulnerable children we’re assisting.
* Travel: Plane tickets for Samuel and I were purchased. We got a good price as Primrose’s ticket for October was about the same price. The travel agent said that the flight from Entebbe to London is often full and is “killing her missionary rates.” We are looking into other tickets as well for Primrose.
Cox Family/Ugandan Life Update:
* Samuel: We are still pursuing schooling options for him. He will either go to high school in Colorado or be homeschooled beginning the fall semester.
* Travel Plans: I am glad our tickets are for a direct flight from Entebbe to London and not through Nairobi as there was a fire this week that destroyed part of the Nairobi airport. Samuel and I are scheduled to arrive at DIA Saturday 8/24 in the evening.
* Mom/Mike: Please pray for healing in the relationship between my mom and brother. There is much contention. Please continue praying for my mom’s health and strength and for my brother to repent, turn back to God, and be delivered from his addiction.
* Internet: The Internet is still a bit hit and miss. Sometimes, I am not able to reply to emails, so please be patient. Please pray that we would have a good connection.