BOLAM Weekly Update: Pray for Antony as his mother died
* Children: The children generally had a good week and are healthy and happy. Sadly, Antony’s mother died from AIDS. We took him to attend her funeral service, along with Gift and Nunu who accompanied Antony. Please pray for God’s comfort for him. Our Children had a fun outing to All Saints Church in Kabale town. After the service, the children enjoyed snacks and playing at Cepha’s Inn, a hotel in town. Thank you for praying for all of our children at Keirungi—Joseph, Alex, Amanya, Kato, Kakuru, Gift, Night, Determine, Murungi, Antony, Deo, Blessing, Shalom, Nunu, Evelyn, Friday, Namara, Innocent Tumuhimbise, Innocent Tumwesigye, and Hanisha and Amri (Rachel’s children)—and for those children we have resettled with their families—Ninsiima and Odongo and Opio.
* Community: Kate visited Emmanuel, Caroline, and Alexander at Kabale Universal School for their visitation day. They were happy to see her.
* Staff: Rachel Tugumisirize, our new house mother who replaced Medias, is doing very well transitioning to life at Keirungi. Staff prayed for Medias for travel mercies and happiness in her new endeavors.
* Spiritual: The priest at All Saints Church prayed for the children Sunday 3/30 and the children enjoyed singing for the congregation. Caleb finished the Book of Ecclesiastes for the staff Friday Bible study highlighting the last passage of the book: to remember and to fear and obey God if life is to have meaning.
* Agriculture: Staff weeded beans and put sticks in the ground for beans to climb. Next week, staff will finish planting short beans and begin planting vegetables.
* NRBC Mission Trip: We met with members from Northern Ridge Baptist Church to continue preparing for their mission trip to Keirungi in August.
General Ugandan and Cox Family Update:
* Shoulder. My arm and shoulder continues healing nicely. I can use my hand and arm more for little tasks, such as typing, as long as I can keep it by my side. I have my next follow-up appointment with the doctor Monday, April 7. Thank you for your prayers.
* Connections: We enjoyed a time of fellowship developing more relationships at a Koinonia potluck following up on the retreat we attended.